What Is B2B Outbound Email Marketing? (Simple & Effective)
Email marketing strategy is one of the most efficient and powerful digital marketing tools among marketers. For B2B outbound marketers, this is one of the best strategies they can adapt.
The reason is apparent, from 1993 to 2023, the number of email users has become 4.7 billion worldwide, almost half the global population. Also, other statistics show that 99% of email users check their inbox daily, which is why email marketing is gaining popularity.
So, if you want your business to grow, you should count on B2B Outbound Email Marketing.
Today, we will give you the proper guidance on how to get success with this digital marketing technique, measuring effectiveness and all the considerations you need to focus on. In the end, the success is all yours.
Effectiveness of B2B Outbound Email Marketing
B2B Outbound Email Marketing is a digital marketing strategy that targets Key Decision-makers of businesses through email campaigns rather than individual buyers. The aim is to foster business-to-business relationships and increase sales.
Those who are unaware of the business proposal can get to know about it.
Most people tend to check their emails daily; that’s why email marketing plays a significant role in B2B outbound marketing strategies.
Digital marketers mainly use email marketing because,
- They want to establish a connection with other potential business
- Building brand awareness.
- Reach as many businesses as possible who must be aware of the product.
Email Marketing Role In B2B Outbound Marketing
Email marketing plays the most crucial role in today’s B2B outbound marketing. Successful email marketing can turn a random email opener into a potential business.
While methods like cold calling can still be effective in B2B outbound marketing, it is generally considered less effective than email marketing.
Many individuals consider emails to be a safer form of communication. The primary decision-makers in a company tend to check their inboxes two to three times per day. If they come across an intriguing email that they believe will benefit them, they are likely to initiate a conversation. That’s where you make money.
Again, email checking is not disrupting most of the time. Most people habitually check their emails after waking up in the morning.
So, with these vast users, a B2B marketer can easily reach its customers through emails.
Benefits of Email Marketing In B2B Outbound Marketing
- It can be convenient to reach more potential businesses quickly and easily.
- It can be targeted to specific businesses. The chance is likely that the emails will be opened and read.
- It can be used to build trusted relationships with potential customers. Also, nurture them through the sales funnel.
- To generate leads and sales, this can work better.
- You have complete control over your collected list.
Drawbacks of Email Marketing In B2B Outbound Marketing
- Hinders feedback.
- Maintaining a list of potential customers can take time and effort.
- Getting potential customers who will open and read the emails.
- Email can be difficult and marked as spam, damaging your reputation. Also, the customer may not check any other mail in the future from this domain.
6 Factors To Consider Before Starting a B2B Outbound Email Marketing
While working with B2B outbound email marketing, you will encounter several factors. These are closely related to running the business successfully, like the industry size.
You must recognize all of the facts if you want to gain the total growth of your business.
We all know that social media marketing is popular and widely used by businesses nowadays, but the term “B2B outbound email marketing” may seem intimidating. When starting a social media marketing plan, it’s important to consider common issues that may arise. Similarly, when running an email campaign, it’s helpful to prepare for potential obstacles by identifying common issues in email marketing.
We recommend having a close knowledge of these factors before starting email marketing. This will help you to be prepared for the challenges too, that you may face.
Industry selection is the first and foremost before starting your electronic mail approach. You need to choose the industry related to your business or product.
If you are like some ticket-selling agency, you must focus on those who travel frequently. You need to collect all the data using outbound lead generation tools and make an email list properly.
Similarly, contact other traveling agencies, metro, or airlines to promote your business.
Size of Industry
With the industry, the size of the customer is closely related. You can expect more orders or engagement from a large audience.
Stay away from small communities because there is a lower chance of getting attention. If you are focusing on small communities then hyperlocal social media marketing should be your go to strategy as that one is more suitable for local businesses. The main goal in b2b outbound marketing is reaching as many people as possible.
The habits or activities of the potential customer can influence your entire business. This can determine what type of product they may need in the future, too.
You can offer your service based on their habits. For this, you have to study deeply about other companies, what their business is all about, or what they are searching for.
Track the right location suitable for your product to get more orders. People’s preferences and interests change with different locations.
The Needs of people from one community differ from other communities. You can not force anyone to take your product. Proper implementation is essential here.
Pain points of the potential customer can benefit the business owners. You can serve with the service or product that your customer needs.
Before launching an outbound marketing campaign, it’s important to analyze the costs and effectiveness. It’s recommended to segment the budget and allocate funds for different marketing strategies such as cold calling pricing, social media marketing pricing, and email marketing costs to attract clients.
B2B Outbound Email Marketing Strategies
The right content marketing strategy is an essential part of email marketing. Engaging potential customers and creating leads is easier with perfect context.
The main focus is to attract customers; at least they would start reading the mail first, leading them to increase website traffic and sales.
Here, we have highlighted for you how B2B Outbound Email Marketing works. But the core concept is content marketing.
Segment Your Targeted Business
The first and foremost task is to list specific audiences or businesses. Target those who require your product, so the selling chance becomes high.
This helps a lot to get more valuable customers. You know precisely what the customer is looking for and offer the same.
So, the segmentation is most important.
Create a Specific Email Domain
The second step is creating a specific email domain different from your primary business email.
Most of the marketers tend to ignore this fact, which can cause significant harm to the business.
Keeping a separate email can help you track only outbound emails. Also, if people mark your mail spam, this will be fine with your main business account.
Cold Email Strategy
In this section, you must apply a content marketing strategy to create emails for your customers.
Your customer needs to feel it is an informative, conversational & beneficial mail instead of a more business proposal.
Some tips you can follow to make a more attractive email.
- Create a customized email in a conversational tone. Do not send generic emails that everyone uses.
- Begin by complimenting the business to help them relax and feel more at ease.
- To effectively communicate with customers, it’s best to keep your text concise. People tend to lose interest in large blocks of text. Additionally, incorporating emojis can help create a more relaxed and comfortable tone in your messages.
- Your subject or intention should be clear and compelling. Start with a niche-related custom intro.
- CTA is another crucial point that should be present in your text. After reading your message, do not let your customers think; tell them what to do next.
- Create an effective follow-up strategy.
Set up email authentication.
To avoid your email from going into spam, you must set up email authentication.
Sender Policy Framework or, in short, SPF. This helps to determine those IP addresses that are using your domain for sending emails.
DomainKeys Identified Mail, shortly DKIM, is another way to provide an encryption key or digital signature. This helps to verify the originality of the content.
Lastly, Domain-based Message Authentication (DMARC) works when the above two authentication fails. You can take the necessary actions.
Measure Outbound Marketing Email Performance
Lastly, during your email marketing campaign, measuring performance can help you know the overall success rate. Follow two terms that are Click-Through Rates and Open Rates.
CTRs help to know how many people have clicked on your email link. And Open Rates indicates the individuals opening your email.
The higher the percentage of these rates means your email is relevant and engaging.
Tips For Perfecting Your Email Marketing For B2B Marketing
Now all that you know about B2B outbound email marketing strategy, it is time to give you an additional bonus. Here are some tips you can follow to boost your marketing success.
- Estimate your email metrics, similar to measuring email performance, but more precisely. Here, you can start with one context and see how effectively it works. If not, then go for another one.
- Do not confine your business only to mailing other companies. Try to integrate with channels or platforms to promote your email.
- Send the email at the right time, with the best possible chance to open them. Like most people, they check their phones before sleeping and after waking up; weekends can be an excellent time to interact.
- There is less chance you get a response with your first email. You need to send it again after a specific time, like 2 to 3 days. But be careful so your mail does not irritate them much.
- It’s important to prioritize email management as they can become increasingly disorganized over time.
Inbound vs. Outbound Email Marketing
Many people often question whether email marketing falls under inbound or outbound marketing, just as they might question is social media marketing inbound or outbound?
Email marketing is actually a versatile approach that can be used in both inbound and outbound marketing strategies. It’s a great way to reach a wider audience and generate more leads, ultimately leading to increased sales.
If you’ve primarily focused on outbound email marketing, you may be curious about the effectiveness of inbound email marketing.
We are simply giving you the answer that “YES” inbound email marketing is more effective.
Inbound marketing’s main goal is not to interrupt people but to make content that will get customers. In this way, only the customers who have come into contact with the website or webinar get the emails.
But in outbound marketing, prospects can avoid coming into contact ever, still get the mails.
Also, inbound messages use many designs and elements, but outbound messages are more direct and plain text.
B2B Outbound Email Marketing is a more productive way to reach potential business clients. The chance of attracting customers becomes higher than before with this technique.
The approach is more direct and only focuses on targeted business. The strategy is simple and relies primarily on content marketing.
Consider the strategies and factors to achieve ultimate success in your B2B business.