Electrician Marketing Strategies: The Ultimate Guide To Get More Business
Building an excellent business requires not only well-crafted skills but also a way to make it reach the masses. The electrician business model isn’t any different.
As much as your learned expertise is necessary, you will also require a marketing plan. In the fiercely competitive business of electrician contracting, a good marketing plan helps the masses find their solutions through you.
The expanding electrical domain and the quick service demand make it a rapidly rising field.
The global electrical steel market is expected to reach 22.5 billion dollars by 2027, according to Statista. In addition, the energy efficiency demands and shift in consumer preferences have also given a push to electrical services needs. According to Business Wire, the global market is expected to grow at a whopping rate of 5.25% by 2026.
To leverage the rising trends and make the best of electrician marketing strategies, here’s how to improve your business:
Curating An Effective Electrician Marketing Strategy
You know how to repair any piece of electrical or any equipment requiring technical prowess. But, you still can’t figure out the essential requirements and the requisite tools to get your marketing strategy going.
Picking the appropriate marketing tools is the first step to building a robust strategy. Finding out the right KPIs, reaching out to leads, and enhancing your visibility online also require your attention.
You can take assistance from an electrician marketing strategies expert of an agency, or you can build your online empire by yourself. If you choose to do the latter, here’s how you can begin your marketing journey:
1. Get your Google Business Profile Listing for Free
If you want to establish yourself as a credible local source online, a Google Business Profile is the best tool to begin. Even if you’re establishing an international service, Google Business Profile (GBP) can catapult your revenue.
Here are the steps you should take to set up your profile:
- Log into your Google profile using your business’s account.
- Search through the Google Business Profile creation page and navigate to ‘Manage Now.’
- Find your business type using a query in the search box.
- Claim the profile for your business by adding the essential details, including your number and service areas.
2. Establish a Strong Electrician Brand for Your Customers
Maintaining a business requires ensuring consistency in building and spreading the brand voice. From tailoring a personality to creating a catchy name, product, brand logos, etc., your marketing strategy requires you to focus on branding.
You can incorporate these essential tips to build your electrician brand:
- Go deeper into the research for your target audience and target audience.
- Select your business name, keeping your personality and long-term goal.
- Curate a catchy slogan.
- Organize a mood board based on the feel of your brand to choose colors.
- Apply your branding through your business to maintain consistency.
3. Advertise with Google Ads for Your Electrician Services
As much as offline word-of-mouth advertising is important, to build your online presence, Google Ads are vital. From getting you more leads to enhancing your online presence, these ads work as an efficient promotional tool.
There are two kinds of Google advertising you can pick:
– Google Local Service Ads
Google local services ads is a paid advertising medium that appears whenever someone searches for your services. These ads show in your area and are chargeable only when a customer contacts through them. Through local service ads, you can find prospective clients by displaying crucial information like reviews, working hours, services offered, etc. As such, you will notice a significant increase in customer response rate because most leads are situated in the same region.
– Search Ads
These ads connect advertisers to the people requiring your services, leading to higher conversion. When someone searches for specific keywords like ‘electricians near me,’ they will be able to see your advertisement in the Google SERP. Now, you can gain website views even if organic marketing strategies aren’t producing satisfactory results.
4. Provide Attractive Offer Deals and Service Reminders with Email Marketing
Email marketing is one of the most effective tools in the digital advertising arsenal. It not only helps the larger business enhance revenue but also ensures smaller ventures are capable of catapulting performance. Uber utilized the marketing strategy with consistent mail reminders about its latest services and offers.
To begin email marketing, you can leverage these tips:
- Ensure that you have predetermined objectives in place with the releasing emails.
- For offer deals notification, keep in mind to provide a visible CTA, preferably around the explanation.
- Optimize your subject line to fit on the mobile screens.
5. Acquire Tailored Electrician Leads Through Online Lead Generation
Do you find it difficult to locate where to get your leads from in the online space?
You can utilize lead generation through websites like HomeAdvisor, Yelp, etc. You can source the listings from these marketplaces for home improvements, maintenance, vendor information, etc.
This digital marketplace is one of the top-rated platforms for finding home services. It uses various search filters like location, service type, etc., to help you reach prospective customers.
Yelp is one of the highly renowned platforms used to search for business reviews. As an electrician, having a Yelp page with positive reviews can substantially boost your customer acquisition rate.
Angi is a home services website allowing daily users to find appropriate contractors. Here, you can list your electrician services and connect with top customers in the same geographical region.
TaskRabbit is formed with the purpose of helping customers find the correct people to help them with daily tasks and errands. Here, contractors can sign up and reach out to prospective customers easily.
Handy is a two-sided marketplace used by customers and service providers to get in touch with each other. Contractors can specify their prices upfront to avoid any confusion later.
Before you hunt for leads to increase your conversion rate, a few tips to consider are:
- Look out for only verified leads to focus on who to convert.
- Invest in exclusive leads with websites like service direct to increase your ROI.
- Ensure you optimize the search queries based on lead volume, service, and category.
6. Convert your Electrician Website Visitors into Potential Customers
Your electrician business website is like the contact point of your customers. The more information you include, the easier their decision-making will be. That’s why you need to optimize the layout and information on your electrician website to attract more customers.
Some ways through which you can attain higher conversion with the website are:
- Ensure that you include all the relevant information about your services in the first section of the webpage.
- Include high-quality photography and videos placed at intervals to ensure consistent flow
- Keep in mind the branding palette before curating the webpage for your business.
7. Include Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in Your Marketing Strategy
SEO is what drives people towards your websites and eventually in the direction of your business. With proper on-page and off-page optimization, you can rank higher for larger outreach and enhance your ROI.
SEO for your electrician business must include:
- A thorough description of the services you offer
- Easy navigability of the website with a well-defined internal link structure.
- Proper categorization and horizontal linking of the available content on your site, including blogs, services, etc.
- Building a blog page offering insights into day-to-day struggles in the electric domain.
- Meta title and meta description for better page visibility with properly researched keywords.
8. Don’t Forget to Start Your Facebook Business Page
A Facebook business page helps you directly reach your consumers through the social media strategy. It fosters your online presence and creates a meaningful connection that lasts.
Since Facebook is the largest renowned social media network, it’s wise to begin your online marketing efforts here. With 69% of adults still using it, it’s time you curate your marketing strategies leveraging its reach.
To make the most out of your Facebook presence, ensure that you:
- Collect enough research about your target audience
- Know your short-term and long-term goals
- Provide valuable content consistently on your channel
9. Enhance Your Credibility with Positive Customer Reviews
Positive customer reviews help 73% of consumers trust a business online. The more feedback you generate, the more reliable your services become.
To garner feedback for the provided services, you can leverage platforms like:
- Facebook: It is used by over 2.9 billion people online and can influence a purchaser’s final decision. Positive reviews on Facebook will drive other similar customers to your page and build some credibility.
- Yellow Pages: It is a well-known consumer forum where people are welcome to share positive or negative reviews regarding any business. Over 84% of customers say reviews impact their purchasing decisions, thus making platforms like Yellow Pages an essential part of electrician marketing strategies.
- Google My Business: Positive reviews on Google My Business will help your company rank higher on the search engine. As such, more people will be able to reach out and request your services.
- Yelp: Yelp reviews are helpful in figuring out the strengths of your business organization and getting more customers on the same basis. Once people see positive reviews listed on your Yelp page, they will feel trusted to reach out.
- BBB: Better Business Bureau is out to establish positive market interest and is helpful in guiding people about each organization’s potential. You can establish customer trust with positive BBB reviews.
Before you start inviting reviews for services, keep in mind to:
- Engage with negative and positive comments to show that your brand cares about customers.
- See the feedback from the customer’s perspective to enhance your service quality.
- Provide an incentive for posting reviews about the services offered.
10. Offer Expert Electrician Content to Your Audience
Remember the horizontal link in SEO for your website?
It’s time to see the impact of efficient optimization by providing excellent content to your audience through blogging.
Blogging offers your website a chance to rank higher with 434% more indexed pages. The higher the indexing, the greater will be your rank and search result visibility.
Try these tips to gain higher traffic and make even higher revenue:
- Ensure that you have a blogging calendar and post consistently.
- Write about your niche with keyword optimization, visuals, and customer-focused solution.
- Deliver a detailed and optimized piece with surfable content.
11. Become a Part of a Homeowners Association (HOA)
Homeowners association is the hub of people constantly needing services from an electrician. Whether it’s about a fitting replacement or an energy-efficient system installation, on HOA, you can find all kinds of queries to resolve. You might have to pay the average membership fee for becoming a member, which ranges between $100 to $500.
Some of the tricks that can help you become an HOA member are:
- Look for an association in your local area by typing the country assessor property search on Google.
- Within the assessor’s website, you can find any subdivision and the associated communities.
12. Collaborate with a Local Builder
One of the most effective ways of traditional marketing includes joining forces with fellow domain experts. As an electrician, a builder turns out to be a person of great resources and network. You can utilize the connections for offering your services and ensuring mutual benefit.
- You can connect with a successful builder or commercial construction company through social media, cold calls and email marketing.
- You can also leverage search results for the available building services in your area through Google or Yelp.
- Create a package deal including your services with highlighted benefits of collaboration.
13. Enhance Your Revenue with Repeat Customers Through Alternative Marketing Methods
There are multiple ways to enhance your outreach and turn your marketing efforts successful, including alternative marketing efforts. You can utilize:
- Sending hand-written notes with the services receipts as a thank you note.
- Including offers and deals in the yearly package to loyal customers.
- Offering referral benefits through pamphlets or flyers advertising your services.
- Collaborating with other brands and fellow competitors in your industry.
- Distributing business cards at the service offered location.
- Attaching the services advertisements in places like markets, public buses, etc.
- Conducting podcasts and live sessions to answer the consumer’s queries.
14. Provide Excellent Customer Service
With services as the primary mode of revenue creation, exceptional customer support is a must. Building connections with your audience requires a cohesive consumer experience, to which excellent query resolution is the key.
You can hire an in-house team or delegate the tasks to a virtual assistant at an affordable cost.
To build a comprehensive customer experience, you must:
- Enquire to understand customer problems exhaustively
- Practice patience, consistency, and empathy while engaging.
- Employ the CARP method, i.e., Currency, Authority, Relevance & Reliability, and Purpose/Point of View, to analyze the problems and solutions provided.
15. Advertise with Local Classified
Boosting presence in local marketing requires targeting the audience in the same geographical area. Using websites like Craigslist can drum up your marketing efforts with higher exposure. In fact, the market leaders are able to capture 40-50% better profit ranges with digital classified advertisements.
Some of the best websites for this are craigslist and Locanto.
To most effective means to market your services through classified ads comprise:
- Curating a catchy headline for the ad
- Including comprehensive descriptions of the services
- Utilizing images
- Reposting the advert frequently
- Linking the ads in social media channels
The best electrician marketing strategies involve understanding the value that your electrician business wants to offer and combining it with the customer’s preferences. An effective electrician business marketing capitalizes upon both the modern and traditional methods.
From harnessing the social media trends to offering free service in a combo package, your marketing efforts require you to look beyond the obvious. Now that you have all the information get your calendar ready for the advertising and reach the unimaginable heights of success.
Leave a Comment