Powerful Ecommerce Marketing Strategies: Boost Your Online Sales
eCommerce refers to selling physical and digital products via an online store.The online store here is a website where you showcase all the products, and of course, you will have complete control over the management of your store.
Specularly, the global eCommerce market is increasingly extensive, estimated at $5.55 trillion in total as of 2022. Therefore, eCommerce is a promising place for all of us to land.
To attract customers and boost your online sales, having a digital marketing strategy for an eCommerce website does wonders to your business. Hence, in this article, we’ll provide you with the most effective eCommerce marketing strategies for your consideration.
Let’s get started!
What Is a Marketing Strategy?
Before going deeper into the definition of eCommerce marketing strategy, let’s first look at our brief explanation of the marketing strategy in general.
In the most general sense, “marketing plan” or “marketing tactic” can be used interchangeably with “marketing strategy”. It aims to attract the right customers, get more sales, and keep the brand competitive with other rivals.
Typically, the plan-makers will rely on the 4Ps of marketing (also known as marketing mix) to create a strategy as below:
- Price: how you charge your product or service, including additional fees (manufacture, warehouse, delivery,…)
- Product: what you offer customers should have a unique selling point to hit the sales easily.
- Promotion: how you enhance the visibility of your product or service in front of more clients.
- Place: where to display your products or service (a physical store and/or an online store)
What Is an eCommerce Marketing strategy?
To keep your store performing well and growing better in the future, you must create a marketing strategy for eCommerce. Similar to an overall tactic, a marketing strategy for an eCommerce business tries to promote your online store for higher revenue.
In 2021, the sales from the exchange of products on eCommerce websites reached $870 billion in the United States market. This figure shows an increase of 14.2% compared to 2020 and 50.5% as to 2019.
Thus, it varies by many factors, such as product type, market trend, customers’ habits, and more. Without a plan, high chances are that we will take random actions without thorough consideration in advance. This wastes time and money, and you may lose a chance to outperform other rivals.
Powerful eCommerce Marketing Strategies to Thrive Your Business
Among all the factors discussed above, you can see that creating a grand marketing strategy for eCommerce sites is of great importance.
However, it has always been a tough job to get new customers and increase the revenue of your eCommerce business in such a dynamic digital world. Understanding this point, we’d provide you with some practical strategies that surely help you operate a successful online store.
Without further ado, let’s get this show on the road!
Create an Awesome & Mobile Friendly Website
- People are likely to use smartphones more than other devices. Hence, keep your website mobile responsive and friendly to ensure customers’ experience when accessing your store.
- Catchy titles can awaken website visitors’ curiosity and keep them staying on your online store. Besides, affordable, transparent pricing is the decisive element in converting sales which you should take notice of.
- You can keep your Product page well-designed by setting easy-to-navigate categories, displaying highly-illustrative images, informative item descriptions, and trustworthy product reviews.
Standout Product Packaging Design
Appealing product package design leaves the first impression on customers. This is an essential element in the buying decision of a majority of customers. If you want your package to stand out, let’s take a look at our suggestions below:
- Choose high-quality packing materials for delivery.
- Design your product package with 3 colors maximum, and don’t forget to put your logo on.
- Conduct customer insight to define their preferred designing style (minimal, environment-friendly, aesthetic,…)
Fulfill Your Store with Multiple Products
As a business owner, you should be aware that not all your products perform as well as you expect. Let’s take a look at some benefits of uploading multiple items to your eCommerce website:
- Get more sales from upselling and cross-selling techniques.
- Add value to your brand to compete with other rivals.
- Keep your customers loyal to your business.
Create Marketing Funnels for More Sales
The sales funnel marketing strategy guides customers through buying journey to purchase your eCommerce products. You can follow these theoretical steps to implement this tactic:
- The top of the funnel is promoting your brand and the products you offer on the Internet to attract prospects.
- The next step is educating your target customers about your eCommerce business by providing valuable information like blog posts, videos, testimonials,…
- The bottom of the funnel involves the checkout process when your customers finally pay for your products.
Focus on Your Retaining Customers
It’s always easier for a business to get existing customers to return and place another order on your website than to attract new clients. This refers to customer retention, and there are some ways to ensure this indicator:
- Send a discount code as a thank-you gift to those who have already purchased your products.
- Create a community to share information about your store and build long-term relationships with customers.
- Provide a personalized experience when responding to your customers’ messages.
Sell Your Products on Marketplaces
As we mentioned previously, one of the goals of an eCommerce digital marketing strategy is to approach new clients. To do so, we need to diversify the selling channels, and opening a second store on marketplaces is a decent idea. Below are some of our recommendations:
Also, many marketplaces are designed for specific niches like beauty, fashion, handicrafts,…. Go to these places to improve your sales!
Product Reviews and Recommendations
Reviews from previous customers significantly contribute to your brand’s reliability. Following are some eCommerce marketing strategy tips regarding client feedback you can try:
- Create a feedback form with the right questions encouraging customers to leave a review after receiving the products. Also, remember to limit the word count and ask for photos and/or videos of the items.
- Upload the customer feedback on your website, and don’t forget to reply to all reviews.
- Share the feedback on all of your social accounts.
Display Your Product on Social Media Platforms
Thanks to the popularity of social media, promoting your eCommerce business on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest,… is a superior marketing tactic that we shouldn’t ignore. Here are some pro tips for you to showcase your products on these platforms:
- Update your social feed regularly with curated content and graphics.
- Include relevant hashtags to each post to improve Account Reach.
- Post images and videos that show different angles of products on social media.
Focus on SEO & Content Marketing
Marketing for eCommerce also includes your effort put into SEO and content marketing. Keep scrolling down for some pro tips you would love:
- Invest in fascinating headlines and informative content on your website’s Product page and blog page.
- Try to optimize on-page SEO like headings, meta description, image alt texts, URL, internal links,… Also, don’t duplicate content because it will affect your website’s ranking, and ensure it has a fast loading speed.
- Contact other websites and bloggers for your link-building strategy.
Create Email & SMS Marketing
Email and SMS marketing are also terrific methods to bring your eCommerce website closer to potential customers through different channels. If you haven’t experienced this tactic, let us provide some suggestions:
- Invest in quality pieces of content. Email copies must be professional, while SMS messages should be short and to the point.
- Use the tracking tools to analyze the open email rate.
- Try on A/B testing method to determine the most effective email and SMS template.
Run Google and Social Media Ads
Focus on SEO and Content marketing help drive organic traffic to your store, but it’s not enough if you expect a stunning result. Fortunately, Google and social media ads come as the rescue for your eCommerce startup to achieve the goals easier:
- Google retargeting ads collect and analyze the previous activities of your existing buyers to show the products they are interested in.
- When customers type the keywords related to your product, Google shopping ads appear on the Google search results pages. It includes title, price, store name,…
- Social ads on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest,… help you reach potential customers via newsfeed, messaging section, and even outside the platforms.
Target VA and VR Technologies
The biggest demerit of online shopping is that your customers cannot try, taste, or smell the products before placing an order. To solve this problem, some eCommerce businesses implement VA and VR initiatives to provide a better experience to customers. Let’s see how these technologies benefit your eCommerce store:
- Customers can take a tour around your virtual showroom and view different angles of your products.
- The 3D image of your products have the same size as the actual one, so your clients can try placing them in their houses to see whether the items are suitable for the overall style or not.
Take Advantage of Influencer Marketing
Asking someone with significant followers on social media is a way to implement the influencer marketing strategy for eCommerce products. Below are some promising social platforms that you should take into consideration:
All of the above names dominate a large amount of market proportion worldwide. Hence, influencer collaboration would surely enhance the visibility of your product in front of more customers out there.
Provide Quiz and Referral and Affiliate Program
Affiliate marketing is a fast way to get more sales, and you can earn money even when you’re sleeping with the referral program. For each product sold via affiliate marketing or referral program, you’ll need to divide a commission percentage to the affiliate marketers. Here are some tips for applying this eCommerce marketing strategy:
- Set up a good commission with your affiliate marketers that encourage them to promote your eCommerce products.
- Announce all the referral program updates on your website and social media.
- Provide your affiliate marketers with high-resolution product photos and videos.
Why Does eCommerce Marketing Matter?
Business owners do not create eCommerce websites to display products or services for fun. An online store is a physical outlet that attracts potential customers to visit and make an order.
However, it’s not easy for a newly-built eCommerce website to drive great traffic at the beginning. It takes several months for the website to be noticed by online buyers and even longer to strengthen the relationship between the brand and customers.
If you don’t have a well-rounded, long-term plan to develop your eCommerce store, you’re just throwing money out the window. Random actions may result in your failure before achieving the goals when creating an online store.
Therefore, marketing in eCommerce is essential to all online businesses. An eCommerce marketing strategy is directly relevant to the development orientation and success of the website. Don’t let your investment of time and efforts become useless due to the lack of an overall tactic.
Here is the Ecommerce Marketing Strategies Infographic
In conclusion, an excellent eCommerce marketing strategy is a powerful weapon for any business to achieve its goals quickly and effectively. Among all the factors discussed above, we hope that you have a better overview of how essential it is to create a marketing plan for eCommerce and how to boost your online sales with some best strategies.
Hiring a virtual assistant can solve the problem if you’re too busy to conduct the overall research and establish a digital marketing tactic for your eCommerce business. YesAssistant is one of the world-leading VA agencies that satisfies all types and sizes of businesses worldwide.
Assembled from a team of experienced and highly-educated members, YesAssistant is proud to be the most optimal choice at an affordable price. Customers are all we care about, and you can rest assured that we guarantee to bring the best quality to the table.
In case you have any questions about our service, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re available 24/7 to help!
Leave a Comment