Social Media Marketing Strategy For Construction Companies
It’s an open reality that the digital marketing industry started booming after the Fourth Industrial Revolution without facing any lagging graph. Especially after the COVID – 19, the whole world, including the construction companies, realized that in the coming era with a super competitive market, there is no other practical alternative to survive except digital marketing.
According to the statistics stated by Statista, in 2021, the total market value of Social Media Marketing (SMM) was 181.2 billion U.S. dollars. And the more surprising part is this number will be increased by 358 billion U.S. dollars in 2026!
So, there is no doubt that social media marketing for your construction company can be an excellent way to scale up your business with minimal cost. But are there any effective strategies?
Don’t worry. This discussion will provide A-Z guidance from scratch!
What is the Main Purpose of Social Media Marketing for Construction Companies?
To answer this question, you might say – to scale up my business and enjoy increased profit! Pretty true! But there are other things to consider before you get the end results!
Business is not only about making products or services and delivering these to your clients to grab profit!
To make your business sustainable, you should create a returning customer base with your streamlined marketing techniques and continuous improvements in your service. And the same goes for your construction business as well.
There are three purposes of social media marketing (SMM) for construction companies that can attain tremendous profit for your business in return. And these are-
- Brand Awareness: SMM brings an instant boost to reach your business to the highest possible number of people to announce your existence in the industry. Effective brand awareness significantly helps your business stand out from its competitors.
- Increased Followers: Yes, we know! The number of followers doesn’t always mean more sales. But to attain returning customers, loyal followers can act as the oxygen provider for your construction company. And SMM allows you to do that precisely.
- Expanding Qualified Leads: Not all online activists are your clients. So, showing your company ads to them and burning your budget for them is not a wise step at all! In SMM, you can brand yourself among your relevant audiences, which will help to expand your qualified leads.
How Should You Start Social Media Marketing for a Construction Company?
Before starting your social media marketing for a construction company, you need a precise plan that can bring decent results.
Whether you are a beginner construction company owner or have been for several years, the following instructions will keep you on the right track.
Set Realistic Goals
Many construction companies are greedy to attain massive success within the shortest possible time. If you join the same rate race, you might get positive signals for the short term. But there is a high possibility of facing a sudden huge downfall in your construction company business! Considering your workforce, the quality of services you provide, and other important factors, your goals should be realistic.
In that regard, keep the following suggestions in mind!
- Set Your Goal Smartly: Your goals should be written on paper. Keep in mind that your goals should be superbly specific, measurable, attainable, and realistic simultaneously. Once you’re done, share your goals with your team members and create your improvised social media marketing strategy for your construction company to achieve these.
- Set Audience-Centric Goals: Setting goals for thriving your company is okay. But your first priority should be your audience, who are your potential customers. If you help them with your service, they will help you in return to boost your construction business growth.
- Your Goals Should be Impactful: You might think, you should help as many people as possible with your business. This approach is nice. But at the end of the day, your company also needs to gain profit to operate itself. So, it’ll be wise to set a sweet spot where your goals can bring positive organizational impact and allow you to fill your helping desire simultaneously.
Identify the Right Audience Base
The harsh reality is – not all the active users of social media are your potential customers. You’ll find a very insignificant number of people who could be your potential leads.
So, choosing the right audiences is a very crucial thing to consider when it comes to social media marketing for construction companies.
But to find your right target, you can follow the steps below to ease your task.
- Identify Customer Persona: As your company provides construction-related services, targeting school students for marketing will be worthless. Instead, targeting business people or white-collar job holders in corporate sectors could be a way better option as they have enough cash in their bank account to purchase your service.
- Identify the Right Platform: Don’t rush to dominate all social media platforms to enhance your business growth. Depending on the platform type, the audience type might vary. For instance, on LinkedIn, you’ll get corporate people in general. But Facebook traffic will let you experience an entirely different picture. In your case, keep that particular platform as a priority where your potential customers are active.
- Find Relevant Traffic: When you’re the owner of a fried chicken restaurant, it’s worthless to talk about your product among vegetarians. Similarly, when dealing with construction services, find relevant traffic where your words will get properly valued.
7 Best Social Media Networks for Construction Companies
To expand your business on the web, it’s important to show off your existence on popular social media networks. But that doesn’t mean you have to dominate all the social media channels with paid marketing.
As we have stated before, you should choose those particular platforms where your potential customers are active.
Here is a quick overview of the 7 most popular social platforms that gained immense popularity for social media marketing.
As you already know, Facebook is the number one social media platform on this planet considering its subscriber count. According to the latest report, Facebook has 2.92 billion active users which could be a wonderful source of traffic for your construction company.
Facebook’s paid marketing tools allow you to find your potential clients based on your precise input.
- Active Users: 2.92 billion
- Precise Targeting: Superb
- Suitable for: B2B and B2C
Even though Instagram is mainly an image-sharing platform, it has also attained immense popularity in marketing products and services. You can use this platform to grab your potential client’s attention by posting different kinds of content, such as images, short write-ups, videos, infographics, etc.
- Active Users: 1.5+ billion
- Precise Targeting: Moderate
- Suitable for: B2B and B2C
LinkedIn is the biggest social media platform for corporate persons in the world. As Linkedin is the prime virtual platform for business and corporate professionals, it can be your worthy source of targeted traffic. Using this platform also allows you to connect with other professionals from your industry. And that could create another opportunity to gain B2B leads.
- Active Users: 875+ million
- Precise Targeting: Moderate
- Suitable for: B2B and B2C
Video content is a wonderful and proven method to increase engagement rates for both B2B and B2C. And YouTube is another gigantic platform with 300-500 hours of video content uploaded every minute! That indicates this platform has substantial potential to expand your existence among many people through video content.
- Active Users: 2.5+ billion
- Precise Targeting: Moderate
- Suitable for: B2B and B2C
As of this writing, Tesla CEO Elon Musk is bringing significant changes to Twitter for further betterment after he took over the platform. Following the wind, many experts assume that Twitter will also bring significant algorithm changes that might influence its paid marketing tool’s performance.
Considering all that, you might think that to bring increasing growth in your construction business Twitter can’t bring you satisfactory results. But still, there are 217+ million users active on this platform where you can get your targeted clients.
- Active Users: 217+ million
- Precise Targeting: Good
- Suitable for: B2B and B2C
The notable fact is 60% of Pinterest users are female. And the total traffic on Pinterest is more than 440 million! That indicates if your targeted audience is female, then Pinterest is a worthy platform to consider. Especially creating advertising campaigns focusing on your construction company service for female entrepreneurs would be superbly effective on this platform.
- Active Users: 440+ million
- Precise Targeting: Good
- Suitable for: B2B and B2C
Even though Houzz is an online community and software dedicated to providing home improvement services, this platform is one of the most appropriate places to find potential leads for construction companies. This platform offers paid campaigning features also. But to get effective results, you should get some initial idea of how these work. Besides running your paid ads, you can also get organically connected with the people relevant to your industry by creating your business profile.
- Active Users: 65+ million
- Precise Targeting: Moderate
- Suitable for: B2C
Segment the Effective Social Media Channels
Many social media networks exist beyond the list we have previously mentioned. But to bring sustainable growth, you don’t need to dominate all the social networks. Instead, you can create a priority list to get an idea of where you should start.
On your behalf, we have prepared a list below! Considering the traffic types (organic and paid) we have developed a list that will be helpful for your construction company.
Primary Channels for Organic Content
Gaining organic traffic is a timely process but sustainable. Besides running your paid advertisements, you should also focus on creating organic content. And you can choose the following platforms in that regard-
Primary Channels for Paid Campaigns
If you need quick results, there are no other alternatives except running paid campaigns. In that case, the following platforms will be worth targeting-
Secondary Mediums for Future Growth
To attain sustainable growth in the future, you should focus on the channels that will give you feedback with enough returns. Beyond posting on social media, you also take these mediums seriously to expand your web existence and scale up your business.
Some of the mediums are-
Form a Robust Content Strategy
To attract the right customers, your content has the substantial ability to put a profound impact on your potential leads.
Remember, content is just not about creating a wall of text and posting it on social media targeting them. It’s all about the value proposition to convince your customer and make them think, “Yes, this is the right I was looking for!”
To convert your visitors into your potential leads, you should keep in mind three objectives before making your content.
- Awareness creation
- Value-providing and lead generating
- Caring your audience
For your convenience, we have developed a step-by-step content creation strategy that might help your case. But remember, depending on your context and other factors, you might also have to apply improvised methods.
- Step 1: Select only one service you want to promote (not multiple). And try to figure out what type of service this is.
- Step 2: Take a pen and paper and write down what particular values your service can provide. It should be precise!
- Step 3: Now, brainstorm to figure out what particular group of people need this service. How can their social status, financial solvency, race, etc., be?
- Step 4: Start creating content. Mention the customers’ pain (problem) first and let them know how much influence it can have if it continues for a long time.
- Step-5: Explain the consequences in-depth, but in brief as well!
- Step-6: Offer multiple solutions to your audience to eliminate that pain
- Step-7: Introduce your providing service and explain how your service is the best option to choose and worth investing in.
- Step-8: Explain what other values your package contains that will help as the value ladder to boost your sales.
- Step-9: Conclude your content with promising words such as after-sales service, the efficiency of your skilled workforce, etc.
Focus on Boosting Content Distribution
When your content is ready, you should initiate your construction company’s social media marketing strategy. Targeting your audience, you should amplify your content distribution through popular social media platforms.
In our opinion, following the suggestions below will help you to get the maximum boost at the lowest possible cost.
Start With Paid Social Media
To get quick results, there is no other alternative except advertising on paid social media channels. But in that case, you might be worried about your budget if you don’t have a sophisticated budgeting plan.
- Set Minimum Budget: To make your investments into a valuable outcome, it’s important to put a minimum budget for your content marketing purpose. The necessary cost varies depending on different social media platforms and their policies.
- Target Warm Audiences: Once you’re done budgeting, target warm audiences with the highest potential to buy your service. The paid marketing tools of your selected social media platforms will allow you to reach your relevant audience.
- Nurture the Cold Audiences: Don’t forget your cold audiences! They are not likely to purchase your service right now, but nurturing them with proper marketing methods will also bring them leads.
No matter your traffic type, all you need to do in all cases is – to provide the best possible value you can provide through your content!
Build a Great Relationship With the Community
Paid marketing brings instant traffic. Pretty true! But to attain sustainability in your business, increasing community engagement is one of the key effective and entirely free methods! Even though the overall process is time-consuming, it’s sustainable!
To improve your community engagement, you can consider a couple of methods-
- Contact with the Right Influencers: You will find many influencers with many followers in your industry. You can get in touch with them, build relationships and get their help to spread your existence among their followers.
- Collab with Authors, Publishers, etc.: You will find many renowned authors, publishers, and blog content creators in your industry. Interview them, offer them to collaborate, and let your audience know all about that. It significantly improves the trustworthiness among your targeted audience.
Hire a Virtual Assistant for Your Social Media Platforms
If your workforce is limited or you need more spare time to do other tasks for your business, you can hire someone else who can manage your social media channels on your behalf.
Hiring a virtual assistant for social media can be another brilliant move to boost your operational swiftness. Because on your behalf, they can perform the following things more professionally!
- Manage Social Media Accounts: They hold substantial knowledge about managing all the popular social media platforms. They will even interact with the people engaged with your social media pages, posts, videos, etc., on your behalf.
- Analyze the Results: Social media VA professionals will analyze the results of your paid campaign. They will inspect each parameter and create an improvised plan to achieve better results.
- Develop Content on Construction: They hold vast expertise in brainstorming and bringing creative content ideas for your construction business. Based on the ideas, they can create lead-generating funnels for you.
3 Months Roadmap for Advance SMM Strategy of Construction Company
If you have no existence of your construction company on the web, you should start from scratch before rushing for paid advertisements. Here we have prepared a rough guideline about your 3 months journey that will help to keep you on the right track to attain exponential growth!
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Month 1: Initial Preparation of Social Media Marketing
Before performing advanced social media marketing for your construction company, you should take some initial baby steps to make your social media channels ready. Here is the “4-week plan” for the first month!
Week 1: Prepare your social media channels
No matter what social media you have chosen, after creating your social media page, you need to update each section with all your company-related details, such as about us, location, banner, logo, contact info, etc.
While preparing these sections, ensure all the information is correct and makes sense to your page visitors.
Week 2: Keep creating and posting valuable content
Once you are done with preparing your page, start creating problem-solving content related to construction services for your audiences. For written content, try to use catchy infographics to engage them. Create podcasts, infotainment content, and video content, and post them with a decent frequency to retain your sustainable existence.
Week 3: Observe the social feedback
If you make quality problem-solving content, it’ll attract your targeted audiences organically. You might see a slow-growing graph, but these are sustainable and loyal. They will raise many questions, give valuable suggestions, etc., about content. Observe their feedback, note them down and keep developing your content considering what your audiences are demanding.
Week 4: Perform touchpoint analysis
Not all forms of content you make will convert all your audiences into leads. Rather, depending on customer persona you find different routes in their journey between your content and the service purchasing landing page.
- Identify Touchpoints: Which form of content do your audiences like? To be more specific, what things attract your customers to your company? Whatever the things are – these all are touchpoints! Now, by observing your customer, you have to identify your customers’ touchpoints during their journey.
- Gather and Analyze Touchpoint Data: As this part is crucial, arrange a meeting with your social media expert team members and instruct them to gather touchpoint data. Analyze the data with your team and figure out the major touchpoints. Then create content focusing on these to improve the engagement rate.
Month 2: Analyze the Results and Perform Paid Campaign
After the first hectic month, you’ll start getting decent organic traffic on your social media platforms. Now for a further boost, you can run paid campaigns on the social media platforms for your construction company.
But once again, we have prepared another “4-week plan” on paid campaigns.
Week 1: Influence and measurement
Before initiating the paid campaigns, it’s important to observe the influence of your organic content. Then you should perform a decent inspection to measure its intensity depending on multiple metrics to initiate the primary phase of a paid campaign.
In that regard, you can consider the following instructions-
- Quantify the Conversation: How many people engage through commenting and inboxing messages? Note down the precise answer to this! Besides, it’s also important to filter out the people making engagements multiple times.
- Influence and Metrics: Every social media will offer you to assume your influence level on your traffic by letting you observe multiple metrics. For instance, on Facebook, you can easily observe reach, impression, video completion rate, etc.
- Appy Social Media Influence: More influence/engagement means more queries from your audiences! Answering their query could be your initial step to applying this influence to amplify your growth. You can easily make viral content as you already know your audience persona.
Week 2: Create a Social Media Campaign
As you have attained a decent amount of people engaging with your social media network, running a robust paid social media marketing campaign can boost this growth multiple times.
At first, you have to prepare a plan about how your campaign will drive your traffic and eventually convert them into sales. Then you can develop the funnel.
Here are the 3 pieces of advice for you while you’re making your paid campaign.
Utilize Social Media Metrics:
A particular type of content doesn’t attract all types of audiences. Social media metrics allow you to get some data points and let you understand how your overall campaign is performing.
Even though there are many metrics depending on different agendas, we want to state some of the major metrics that you should keep in mind.
- Awareness Metrics: Reach, Impressions, Audience growth rate
- Video Metrics: Video completion rate, Video views
- Engagement Metrics: Engagement rate, Virality rate, Amplification rate
Social Media and the Purchase Funnel
The purchase funnel refers to the path your audiences travel through and get converted into your customers by purchasing your service. In your case, develop a proper funnel and make your customer travel through it with your improvised marketing techniques.
Choose the Right Social Media
You might think dominating all the social media channels might bring massive results in return for you. But in many aspects, it won’t work the way you think! For instance, YouTube is best for video content publishing. Facebook is for both video and blog content publishing. But if you want your video content to get viral, Facebook would be a more appropriate choice!
Week 3: Engage With Other Social Platforms
Beyond social media networks, it’s important to engage with other platforms to expand the online existence of your construction company.
In that regard, you can expand your words through the following platforms.
- Personal Social Networks: Personal social media profiles, Celebrity fan page, etc.
- General Platforms: Message board, Communities, Support Forums
- Business Social Networks: Online business hubs, Business portals.
Week 4: Keep Creating Multimedia Content
Not only for your social media channels to scale up your business, but even more, there is no alternative except constantly creating multimedia content for marketing purposes.
In the fourth week, you can keep creating the following form of content marketing.
- Blogging: Besides creating content for your blog, you can do blogging on different platforms referring to your site.
- Corporate Blogs: Join some corporate blogging sites such as LinkedIn, Buffer, Hubspot, etc., and start blogging, maintaining the niche relevancy.
- Microblogs: Blogging on microblogging sites also has a substantial ability to bring clients. You can join popular microblogging sites such as Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, Gab, etc.
- Photo and Video Sharing: Almost all social media platforms, such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc., allow you to publish photos and videos. Create content based on your service and keep publishing on these platforms.
- Audio and Video Podcasting: Even though podcasting is a booming industry, sharing your audio and video podcasts on platforms like YouTube, Soundcloud, etc.
Month 3: Face the Final Phase of Your Plan
If you’ve followed all the instructions without question – you’ve already done 70% of your job! The following will help you continue your journey with retaining your growing pace.
Week 1: Reviews, Ratings, and Recommendations!
Customer satisfaction is the key to getting returning customers. And to get returning customers, attaining good reviews and ratings from your customer is the only way. To make it done, you can consider a couple of things to follow-
- Building Consensus: Join support forums to get in touch with other people in your niches. Cooperating with them and building relationships can take your construction company growth graph one step ahead.
- Win Popularity Contest: You can attend many entrepreneurs’ hubs where popularity contests are arranged often. Winning these contests will significantly improve your credibility in your industry.
Week 2: Manage Social Interactions
As your social media channels are getting mature with their increasing traffic growth, the increasing number of people will also interact with your published content by commenting, replying to others’ comments, inboxing your page, etc.
And at the same time, you’ll start getting orders from different platforms also. Eventually, managing all these might seem challenging to you.
You can use special features such as autoresponder and premium bots to manage all these efficiently.
Week 3 and 4: Work on Objectives, Metrics, and ROI
In the last couple of weeks, you need to observe how things are going, the present state of ROI, etc.
But for precise observing, you can follow the following criteria-
- Define Your Objectives: Publishing content on social media channels might bring you massive results. But at the same time, you should always observe if the growth aligns with your objectives.
- Observe Social Media Metrics: Always observe reports of the metrics, such as video completion rate, amount of views, reach, impressions, etc., to be updated.
- Real-World Connection: Enhance your real-world connection by increasing the rate of engagement, locality, and action on the relevant platforms beyond social media channels, etc.
- Success Measurement: Keep an updated report sheet to get a clear idea about your construction company’s success. To get a more precise idea, you can observe the data of content metrics, impact metrics, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Even though we have covered almost all the major and minor things about social media marketing strategy for construction companies, you might ask some questions which are not covered in the discussion.
Now we want to answer a couple of frequently asked questions. Have a look!
Q- How many posts should you plan for each social media channel?
- The answer is – as much as you can! There are no specific numbers on how many posts you should plan for each social media channel. But you should maintain the right frequency. Here are the suitable posting frequencies for some popular SMM channels-
- Facebook: 1-2 times/day
- Instagram: 3-7 times/week
- Twitter: 1-5 times/day
- LinkedIn: 1-5 times/day
Q- What are the best times to post on social media?
- Depending on the platform type, the answers vary. But according to multiple resources, the following times are best to post on different social media channels.
- Facebook: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Instagram: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm (Monday – Friday)
- Twitter: 8:00 am (Monday, Thursday)
- LinkedIn: 9:00 am (Tuesday, Wednesday)
End of The Discussion
Thanks for showing your extreme patience in reading this super-long discussion. But the surprising part is – still, we couldn’t discuss some minor parts of social media marketing strategy for construction companies. Considering your business area, targeted audience type, and other factors, you may have to apply some improvised techniques. If you can do that wisely, that will boost your business graph. But if you take this guidance seriously and take action, it will bring results!